FIVE: Anxiety Disorders Paper
Anxiety is one of the most common mental disorders in America today, along with depression. In fact, as indicated previously, these two disorders are often suffered together (this is called co-morbidity). There are several kinds of anxiety disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Phobias (of which there are hundreds); Social Anxiety Disorder; Panic Disorder; and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. In your work in the future as a mental health worker, you will come across all of these at one time or another, so it is essential that you read this chapter carefully in order to be able to differentiate between the various disorders. It is important to remember that there is a difference between fear and anxiety. Fear usually is related to some kind of danger and this helps us to remove ourselves from the threat.
- Go to the OER Website: https://www.oercommons.org/authoring/46663-abnormal-psychology/view
- Read in Unit 4 – Anxiety Disorders
- Go to the OER Website: https://opentext.wsu.edu/abnormal-psych/front-matter/table-of-contents/
- Read Module 7: Anxiety Disorders
- Consider one of the anxiety disorders.
- Prepare a 2-page paper addressing the following points:
- Identify the disorder you have chosen.
- Identify 2-3 possible causes of the disorder.
- Manifestations/symptoms of the disorder.
- What you consider to be the best treatment and why.
- Support your writing with at least two academic sources.
Ensure that you use the Paper Writing rubric to guide your efforts and support your work with scholarly academic resources using APA format.