What are marketable skills for health care? How would you go about getting health care experience for your resume? What other strategies can you use to stand out in today’s job market? Cite and reference your resources.
Effective use of social media strategies holds the potential to enhance your professional brand. In the last few years, the importance of personal branding has grown astronomically as social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube have given everyone easy access to share stories and document experiences.
Discuss how and when to use social media in professional contexts. Provide a specific situation (professional or current event) and give details on how you can apply strategies to support personal branding. Discuss why these techniques would be effective.
Social media has great potential for communicating a professional online presence. Organizations also use social media for marketing, promotion of corporate social responsibility, and communication to all stakeholders. In this discussion, you will present your ideas on this topic as it relates to communicating your online presence as well as research ways organizations use social media for communicating a professional image.
For this discussion, response to the following questions with examples and references to support your opinion:
- In your opinion, what is professional use of social media?
- What are some ways to communicate professionally through social media?
- Research an organization’s use of social media for promoting a professional online presence. Describe ways the organization uses social media in a professional context.
Focus on ways you can use social media to promote a professional online presence as well as ways an organization in your specific field uses social media to promote the organization. Share the results of your research and identify professional use of social media.
Discuss among your classmates possible causes of an increased nosocomial infection rate, how to handle infection control, and discuss problem solving ideas to prevent or decrease infection in your healthcare facility. Cite and reference your resources.
In this assignment, you are the CFO of your health care organization and you have had regular team meetings regarding the financial impact of health care reform on your organization. However, recently you are having a problem with a promising employee. You will need to speak one-on-one with this troubled and frequently negative employee. They reject the new ideas of others; offer pessimistic suggestions on dealing with necessary changes; and frequently make comments such as â€œWe tried that before,â€ It never works,â€ â€œThis project is turning into a complete disaster,â€ or â€œThereâ€™s just no way we can meet a deadline like that.â€
Your job in this meeting will is to turn around this employeeâ€™s attitude. Sometimes, employees use negativity to display their intelligence; you need to redirect that expertise in a more positive direction. You are afraid if their attitude becomes worse, it could be more disruptive. There is also another issue you need to deal with regarding this employee. They dominate discussion at staff meetings and resent being asked to do mundane but necessary tasks. Their immense self-regard alienates co-workers, and they seem to lack the perspective of how they are perceived by and affect other people. The employee appears to thrive on taking on authority and will often challenge a managerâ€™s directives and be privately critical of upper managementâ€™s decisions.
There is one thing about this employee you know deep down inside you. You know if all of these challenging behaviors can be addressed and overcome, this employee could channel all this negative energy into being a great employee for the team. Your challenge is to deal with these behaviors in the meeting and develop a plan to turn this employee around and put him back on the right track.
In this assignment, you will discuss what you would say to this disruptive employee to turn them around and get them back on the right track. You will also introduce the employees to the process of cash flow analysis, breakeven analysis, and return on investment measures, all of which play a critical role in a health care managerâ€™s decision process. You will explain that if the attitude can be turned around, you will ask their opinion on making the necessary changes in dealing with health care reform mandates. You will briefly explain each of these financial concepts to the employee and explain how thoughtful opinions are appreciated. This challenge is a big one, but you are up to turning this employee around to the right track for success.
In this assignment, you will:
- Describe the negative behaviors to the employee.
- Explain the need to change the behaviors and offer help.
- Explain that if the behaviors are changed, the employees could become involved in more finance decision-making activities.
- Discuss the key elements in breakeven analysis.
- Explain how opportunity relates to cost principles.
- Discuss the role of financial analysis in dealing with health care reform mandates.
You are a health care executive of a large hospital, serving as director of health information. You have been advised that there are serious concerns regarding the competence of the facilityâ€™s billing and coding staff. To address these concerns, you will develop an action plan. Please complete your action plan as indicated below in Parts 1â€“3.
Evaluate at least three types of abuse or fraud that may occur during the course of medical coding and billing activities. Determine at least three organizational policies and procedures that monitor such activities and critique the effectiveness of each.
Based upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing and coding employees. Design outlines of each training program and construct the learning activities involved. You should also indicate a leadership approach that you would use in the implementation of the programs.
Develop a plan to evaluate the training programs at time of launch and again at periodic times over the next 2 years. Describe the methods used to evaluate the effectiveness of each training program.
An information asset is a body of information defined and managed as a standalone, single unit that can be shared and exploited to the organizationâ€™s benefit. It is referred to as an asset because it has financial value to the organization. Enterprise-wide information assets that are common to large health care organizations include billing systems, EHR/EMR, master patient index, clinical automation systems, patient portals, personal health records, telemedicine, health information exchange (HIE), clinical applications (lab, pharmacy), etc.
The enterprise data warehouse (EDW) is a repository of high-value data from different information assets and corporate systems or applications. The data contained in an EDW can be integrated for many strategic uses across the enterprise. For example, strategic objectives might include activities and initiatives to improve quality, safety, cost, productivity, etc.
To complete Part 4, conduct research into the topic of data warehousing in health care organizations and then answer the following:
- List the benefits of an EDW to a health care organization.
- Prepare a strategic objective and explain how it could be facilitated through use of a data warehouse.
- Select two information assets from the list above. Then, through a data warehouse, analyze and demonstrate how data from those two assets could accomplish the identified strategic objective.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
- The body of your document should be at least 1,500 words in length. A title and reference page should also be included but do not apply to the length requirement.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Formatting should be double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Be sure to follow the conventions and mechanics of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- The submission should be presented in an organized, logical, and unified manner and consist of superior content that is original and insightful.
- You must meet APA style requirements throughout the submission, including title page, formatting, citations in the body of the text, as well as related references. Please be sure to visit the Writing Center to assist you in conforming to APA style.
GET TO NOW US
To avoid any plagiarism, we check our completed papers three times — after writing, editing and proofreading — using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com. We have strict policies against plagiarism. We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
We accept major payment methods
+1 (323) 244-4849