People break laws every day and, in many cases, without thinking about it. Have you ever broken a law? Have you ever thrown an egg at a house? Have you ever done anything that would leave you subject to criminal prosecution?
For this first discussion, you will introduce yourself to your peers and discuss what makes a person a criminal.
Complete the following in your initial post:
In your first paragraph, introduce yourself to your classmates by answering the following:
- Who are you, and what do you do?
- Why are you interested in criminal justice?
- Do you have any professional background related to criminology?
In your second paragraph, based on the resources in this module, explain what you believe to be the definition of a criminal. Consider the following:
- Is anyone who breaks a law a criminal?
- What is deviance?
- What is the difference between deviant behavior and criminal behavior?
In each of your two peer responses, choose peers whose explanation is different from your own. Consider the differences in your responses. Was there anything they cited that you may not have considered? Always remember to be respectful when replying to peers, even if you do not agree with their stance or rationale.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric.